Ticker

25/recent/ticker-posts

Nicole Kidman's Surprising Confession: Despite Producing Success, She Shuns Directing, Believing She'd Be Terrible at It

When Nicole Kidman received the AFI Life Achievement Award, she dedicated a significant portion of her speech to expressing gratitude to the directors she's collaborated with over the years. However, despite her deep respect for the role, Kidman has no aspirations to venture behind the camera herself.

Nicole Kidman attends the 49th AFI Life Achievement Award Gala Tribute at Dolby Theatre on April 27 in Hollywood. MATT WINKELMEYER/GETTY IMAGES

"I feel like I would be a terrible director because I always have so many ideas. A director has to make choices, and that’s not my strong suit," Kidman shared with Morfeli Reporter on the AFI red carpet. She emphasized that her interests align more with the duties of a producer.

"I’m very good at being passionate and supporting voices, reading a script and saying, 'I love this script,' or meeting someone and saying, 'I love this actor, I love this director, how do I support them?' Even if they have no prior experience, I want to champion them. That's what I love doing; it excites me and truly brings me joy. I love shining the light on others or helping to do so."

Through her production company, Blossom Films, Kidman has produced a range of projects, including Big Little Lies, Nine Perfect Strangers, The Undoing, Love & Death, Special Ops: Lioness, and Expats.

During the tribute event, Kidman expanded on her passion for highlighting others, addressing the audience at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood: "There are so many exciting young directors and voices that are completely original and need to be heard. They have a lot to say, and we need to give them a chance to say it and to listen to them. I am here, ready to roll up my sleeves. I am always here to support those voices." Additionally, Kidman individually thanked all of her previous directors and listed their names during her acceptance speech.

Meryl Streep, Reese Witherspoon, Morgan Freeman, Naomi Watts, Zoe Saldaña, Aaron Sorkin, Zac Efron, Miles Teller, Joey King, Mike Myers, and husband Keith Urban all attended to honor Kidman at the event, where she reflected on receiving a life achievement award at the age of 56.

"When they told me that Meryl got it at around the same time, I was like, 'OK, that’s cool,'" Kidman shared with Morfeli. "But at the same time, you just go, I’ll take whatever you give me because in terms of the work, I just love doing the work."

Post a Comment

0 Comments