NCT's Jaehyun Talks Bringing a 'Classic' Vibe to His Solo Album and the Thrill of Singing a Babyface Track!

Editor's note: SM Entertainment had announced in a social media photo that NCT member Taeil leaves the group following news he was “suspect of a sexual crime” yesterday. The interview with Jaehyun was held prior to the member being accused of sexual assault.

Jaehyun of NCT has released his first solo album, 'J.' Courtesy of SM Entertainment

We cited the opening line of his latest single “Smoke,” which Jaehyun jokes to The Hollywood Reporter as he kicks off our late-night Zoom from Seoul.

Fresh from his debut solo album, the 27-year-old K-Pop idol is part of SM Entertainment's mega-boy-band NCT and its subunit groups DoJaeJeong and NCT127.

The 8-track LP is packed with some irresistibly seductive R&B jams, which includes its lead single "Smoke" in both Korean as well as English Version. Alongside this broody track is the more bittersweet ‘roses,’ and then there is the “falling for you” upbeat song with fast rhythm called,”flamin’ hot lemon” which was co-written and composed by Jaehyun, managing to allow each individual song on this album has its own feeling but still can be considered within one sound.

Jaehyun says: “I wanted this album to be really timeless, so in 100 years time you can still listen to the record. “These genres and styles are the types of things I [have been] listening to these days, just a bit older school.

J has been gearing for J for a while, as she's actually been working on the LP since December. Even though it is his first album, he has already released tracks through different SM Entertainment or NCT projects so far. Jaehyun adds jokingly, “I was doing my own stuff too years ago,” with the album timing being “meant to be” as he had put out songs in August before.

Jaehyun of NCT. Courtesy of SM Entertainment

Three of the eight tracks were written by Jaehyun. Some people that I know play instruments or make songs, write music, so for me like not writing but just jamming with them. — Jaehyun “Now, (is) actually the beginning of many years ago when I did start doing more writing or composing through the years.

The 27-year-old admits that he believes needs to “insert (himself into) that process” in order for fans to grasp his taste of music. “Better than me like, leaving one paragraph about how I feel or what kind of music i want to listen,” says Jaehyun.

"Which is cool, all the more reason to play music," he adds. I'm very happy that there are some of the tracks I've worked on this album then, they're lovely tracks as well from other writers.

One of these tracks is “Can't Get You,” a standout for both the album and Jaehyun音源. R & B legend Kenny "Babyface" Edmonds originally wrote and composed the song. "His music i still to this day listen," the singer adds. "all the way to his recent one where he has all of those female vocalists with him. (Jaehyun is talking about Babyface's 2022 LP Girls Night Out with a new era of female collaborators)init

“Just singing his song, having a track [on] my album of his song — it was just monumental for me,” the singer adds.

Jaehyun of NCT. SM Entertainment

At the moment, Jaehyun says his favorite track is “Smoke,” a response he gave after deliberating on what film Smoke reminded him of. Ten minutes later, &dalo bokesjktsungen.

Jaehyun had mixed feelings while working on a solo album, being someone who is used to group activities. “[I was thinking that] It will obviously have many difficulties and worries but at the same time [It could be exciting],” he said with laughter. The singer promotes his new short documentary The Journey of ‘J’ available on NCT’s YouTube page, where it gets to the bottom of what he felt while making the album.

Jaehyun: “Yeah, [It’s] definitely a motivator because yesterday the album released. “All the love and all of comments from my fans… I just feel so grateful to see them loving the album, feeling what im feels or vibing with [whatever] songs that they vibe with.

In fact, he feels pressure when it comes to potential new listeners more than anyone else — though again with the caveat that those who love his album are what keeps him going in times of self-doubt. “Also, I wanted the people… for the new listeners [to] look at this album or a movie of my album and be like, ‘Who’s this? Or ‘What’s this voice?’ Or ‘What vibe is this from?' ” he explains.

Jaehyun of NCT. Courtesy of SM Entertainment

Now 27 and just over a year on from his debut in the sport, he is starting to be able to look back on events. oh, has my voice hit puberty??? jk when asked the one thing he wish his younger self new jaehyun takes a second to pause. “’Tell them, ‘You are doing fine.

“‘I want to say, ‘There’s always another option there is a bigger plan for your life,'” he continues. I wish I could say that, but honestly, I think [it] would be the same as it was. I do my thing, I'll be geeked Knowing that really separates you.

Post a Comment

0 Comments