Mariska Hargitay Spills the Secret: The Coveted Role 'All the Famous People' Are Dying to Play on ‘SVU’!

According to Mariska Hargitay, star and executive producer of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, there’s one role that all the top celebrities want to play on the show: a dead body.

Mariska Hargitay and Seth Meyers during 'Late Night With Seth Meyers' on Oct. 2, 2024. Lloyd Bishop/NBC

During her appearance on Late Night With Seth Meyers ahead of the SVU season 26 premiere, Hargitay revealed that A-listers who want to guest star on the show usually request to play a corpse.

“All the famous people, you know what they want? To be a dead body,” Hargitay told Meyers. “It’s so weird.”

She shared a story about a well-known supermodel, whose name she didn’t reveal, who only wanted to play a dead person on the show, even though the writers had a more significant role in mind for her.

“I found out she loved my show, so I went to the writers and asked if she could be on it,” Hargitay explained. “She wanted to be a dead body, but I told her, ‘No, no, we have a great part for you.’ But when I called her back, she insisted, ‘I want to be a dead body.’”

Seth Meyers also admitted he was one of those people who wanted to play a corpse. “During the 2007-2008 writers' strike, I met some Law & Order writers and told them I wanted to do a cameo as a dead body,” Meyers recalled.

“They offered me a role, but I turned it down because I didn’t want lines—I just wanted to be a dead person in the park.”

Later in the show, Hargitay revealed there’s one thing she’s been trying to do in an episode but the writers won’t allow: playing a drunk character.

“I’ve been begging them to write me a drunk scene because I’m really good at it,” she joked. “But they won’t do it. I even pretend to be drunk in bars, hoping a producer will see me and cast me in a drunk role.”

Law & Order: SVU season 26 premieres on NBC tonight, with new episodes airing Thursdays and available the next day on Peacock.

Post a Comment

0 Comments